How to Apply
Submit the following documents using the MU Office of Graduate Studies application (ApplyYourself) by Dec. 1 for the next fall cohort:
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official academic transcripts of all previous undergraduate and graduate work
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 from an accredited institution in psychology, education or a related major
- Statement of purpose addressing the following:
- Describe interests and experiences working with people from diverse backgrounds (e.g. ethnic, cultural, socioeconomic, religious, ability status, sexual orientation). How have these experiences influenced you? (250-word limit)
- Describe experiences that demonstrate your potential for leadership that you believe distinguish you as a candidate for graduate study. (250-word limit)
- Describe (1) your previous experience serving in a helping or counseling role, (2) your interests and career objectives, (3) how these interests and career objectives have developed, (4) how these interests match those of specific program faculty, and (5) how being accepted into the program of your choice will benefit your career aspirations and help you act upon your beliefs, goals and philosophy. (1,000-word limit)
- TOEFL for international students (preferred score of 580 for paper test, 92 iBT, IELTS 6.5 or higher)
- Institution code: 6875
- Complete MU Office of Graduate Studies application (ApplyYourself)
- Three letters of recommendation will need to be submitted via the online application.
- Each recommender will receive directions on how to submit the recommendation once you have entered their contact information in the application system.
- As part of the submission process, applicants are required to upload OFFICIAL copies of all transcripts to the online application.
- NOTE: If you are accepted by our academic program, you will then be asked to provide official copies of all transcripts to: Graduate School, University of Missouri 210 Jesse Hall Columbia, Missouri 65211
- If your native language is other than English, the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOFEL http://www.toefl.org) is required. Please send this to the Graduate School office using school code 6875.
- Provide supplementary materials via MU Office of Graduate Studies application
- Please be sure to upload all supplemental materials BEFORE you submit the application.
- Submit the Application Fee for international students ($90 U.S dollars) to the MU Graduate School
- A nonrefundable application processing fee is required for all new applicants. You must have a valid MasterCard, VISA, Discover, American Express or Diner’s Club credit card to submit the online application for admission. The application fee is nonrefundable; it is not applicable to the educational fee, student activities fee, computing fee or student health fee.